TGR EDU: Create
Fulfilling Tiger’s vision to reach more students throughout the nation, TGR EDU: Create is a program aimed at providing professional development and resources for educators involved with the vital subject of STEM education and college access.
Making an Impact
TGR EDU: Create has reached thousands of educators nationwide through unique professional development opportunities in STEM education and college access. Through innovative lesson designs and hands-on, project-based learning activities, educators explore strategies to enhance their curricula and prepare their students for future STEM careers as well as navigate them through the college application process.
Our goal is for 270,000 students to benefit from enhanced teaching practices by 2020, after 5,000 educators receive strategies and resources for delivering quality STEM education and college-access programming in their classrooms.
- We offer a range of professional development opportunities — from a comprehensive one-week immersion to one-day workshops and seminars.
- TGR EDU: Create trains 200 high school counselors biennially.
- 94% of educators who participated in our professional development program, STEM Studio, reported increased confidence in delivering powerful STEM activities to students.
Adam Kelley & Melinda Steele
TGR EDU: Create Participants
Through their participation in TGR EDU: Create’s weeklong training immersion, two passionate educators, Adam Kelley and Melinda Steele, used the Engineering Design Process to facilitate new project-based learning. The elementary school STEM teachers effectively collaborated with teachers from various schools and disciplines to take their curriculum to a whole new level by incorporating strategies gained throughout the week.
"The engineering process of TGR EDU: Create provides learning opportunities for both teachers and their students. Implementing the Ask, Plan, Create and Improve concepts in the classroom would significantly benefit any educator and drive his/her students to further excel."
— Adam Kelly & Melinda Steele
Make a Donation
We’ve made great strides helping young people and their communities, but we can always do more. Quality educational resources transform students and their schools. Join Tiger to invest in programs that empower low-income youth to thrive in school, their communities and the working world.
A Transformative Investment
- Prepare millions of youth for future STEM jobs
- Create equal access to higher education for all youth
- Bring high-quality STEM education to more schools nationwide